Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no one has started a thread about what they use to protect them.. I will get one going!!:biggrin

For the track I use a Kobe Xpro suit, Teknic spine protector, Alpinestars smx plus boots, Kobe Xpro gloves and a KBC VR1 helmet.

On the street I use AGV gloves(dont remember the name), either a Suzuki textile or Alpinestars leather jacket, Arai Hayden Laguna rep helmet, either Teknic or Draggin jeans and either Doc martens boots or my Alpinestar boots mentioned above.

·
6 Posts
I'm getting ready to order a custom suit from Syed leathers. Any advise from anyone? How'd it fit? Measure yourself or let someone who knows what they're doing take measurements? Going with the full ventilation/full protection packages.

·
db's Idol
6,925 Posts
Alpinestars "Racer Replica" suit. Arai "Profile" helmet. A* GP Pro gloves. Sidi Verdigo Corsa boots.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I have a few different options......

I mostly wear:
Icon Helmet
Icon gloves
and an Icon leather jacket

I have alternate options:

Shoei Helmet
A * boots
A * gloves
A * track pants that zip into
Icon yellow leather jacket

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depending on weather and style of riding ... either my full leather suit (no idea what brand) JR gloves and boots ... full textile insulated suit (remember I'm from the north pole) with insulated gloves and boots or summer textile jacket for commuting to work in traffic also with gloves and boots .. for commuting jeans does the job fine.

But always with my trademark helmet ... Hot pink Icon !!!!

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
For the track:

Dainese Laguna Seca 1 Piece
Suomy Spec 1R Helmet
Held Phantom Gloves
Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air Boots

Expensive shit, worth every penny because it held up, did it's job and it's still all perfectly fine.

For the street:

same helmet
Joe Rocket Suzuki superbike replica leather jacket
alpine gloves and depending on my level of squidliness boots or my regular shoes.

·
529 Posts
Track
Dainese K one piece
Shoei helmet usually take street one so when one gets wet
Teknic gloves usually take street one so when one gets wet
Sidi Vertico Corsa boots
Knox spine protector
Joe Rocket mesh undersuit

Street depends on the mood and what I'm doing
Dainese K two piece
Icon Merc jacket
Joe Rocket Ballistic mesh jacket
Shark helmet
Icon gloves
Sidi Vetigo Corsa Boots

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Lover said:
and for my smartass reply

I use all of them 1st through 6th
I was thinking that when I opened the thread........"I use first and second here....and first thru sixth here"

·
Registered
188 Posts
Spidi suit

Shoei X-11 and Arai Corsair
A*'s GP Pro gloves
Sidi Vertebra II boots
T-Pro chest protector
Dainese back protector

looking for a full vented suit for this summer as my spidi isn't.

·
Registered
322 Posts
bpez said:
I'm getting ready to order a custom suit from Syed leathers. Any advise from anyone? How'd it fit? Measure yourself or let someone who knows what they're doing take measurements? Going with the full ventilation/full protection packages.
don't be cheap get the full get up...it's only gonna save your life, download the form off the net ( has everything in it ) take it to a taylor ( men's warehouse etc.... ) ask if someone has time to take some measurements ( call first, and explain why ) they usually say " no problem ".....make sure you leave a tip. and for ventalation " i would ":thumbup...good luck

·
315 Posts
I have an Arai profile, A* octane gloves and a mesh jacket but i am looking to get A* track pants and a MX1 jacket, Sidi vertigo air boots and some gauntlets, maybe Held akira. I just picked up a Spidi air back, back protector.

I have a couple of months before the riding season starts so I'm on the look out for some deals.

·
12 Posts
x-11, vanson jacket and pants, held galaxy gloves. oxtar tcs boots.

What I will never wear again.... joe rocket mesh gear. I had a 35 mph high side after hitting a deer 10-31-07, road rash on both knees and left shoulder along with four broken bones. The jacket blew up at the shoulder as did the mesh pants at both knees. One lesson I did learn again was to never be lazy and leave the wrist strap on my gloves loose.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts