Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
meh..buh
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this was posted before, I searched and found nothing. Maybe the vets can direct me in to the right thread.

What do the stock Enkei's weigh and what is the savings on going to marchessini's?

I don't want to spend the money unless its worth it. I had a friend with a zx-10 who got new wheels that ended up weighing more than the stock ones.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Voodoovaj said:
Sorry if this was posted before, I searched and found nothing. Maybe the vets can direct me in to the right thread.

What do the stock Enkei's weigh and what is the savings on going to marchessini's?

I don't want to spend the money unless its worth it. I had a friend with a zx-10 who got new wheels that ended up weighing more than the stock ones.
Wow....What kind of Wheels were they??? When Corey hooked me up on my marchesini's almost 2 years ago. I remember I saved 8lbs total between the two. On my 05 gsxr 750 I don't remember the specific weights of them each, I just remember the total weight I saved

·
750 Posts
what? some wheels are not meant to be lighter such as PM chrome wheels...:corn

·
Members
5,173 Posts
I can't speak for enkei's as i don't even know anyone that uses that on a sportbike. I would stick with marchesini, pvm, galespeed, marvic's, bst's. All great rims with a great name and quality behind them...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
motomummy said:
I can't speak for enkei's as i don't even know anyone that uses that on a sportbike. I would stick with marchesini, pvm, galespeed, marvic's, bst's. All great rims with a great name and quality behind them...
I know some stock wheels are Enkei's.....ninja's I think

·
750 Posts
ninjas have the sickest factory wheels IMO

·
750 Posts
i wonder if the ninja wheels would fit an r1

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Almost all the new stock wheels are made by Enkei. They have been making the stock wheels for quite a while now.

If I am not mistaken, I think Honda is the only ones not using Enkei to make their stock wheels

·
1,055 Posts
SnipeJDM said:
both my old 600 and my 1000 had enkei logo and name cast into the wheel.

slidewayz said:
Almost all the new stock wheels are made by Enkei. They have been making the stock wheels for quite a while now.

If I am not mistaken, I think Honda is the only ones not using Enkei to make their stock wheels
my k7 wheels have enkei written right on them

·
meh..buh
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captain Squid said:
Wow....What kind of Wheels were they??? When Corey hooked me up on my marchesini's almost 2 years ago. I remember I saved 8lbs total between the two. On my 05 gsxr 750 I don't remember the specific weights of them each, I just remember the total weight I saved
Well the 04 zx10's have magnesium wheels, wo they're pretty light. I can't recall what went on, but they were also light wheels, just not as good as the stock units.

So 8lbs!...that's significant.

..sorry, brain fart...I just saw the sponsor had wheels and they list the difference in weights. Going from stock to magnesium marchesini's(according to the ad) will drop 5lbs up front and 7lbs out back! Holy.

·
meh..buh
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
loren said:
Are you wanting the weight of a set of stock K8 wheels,rotors,tires? If so I can do that.
I just wanted to know if its was worth it. Some mods now adays aren't really that beneficial, while other are.

·
529 Posts
I swapped out the stock wheels to BSTs and the bike is as flickable as a 750. Probably the best mod I've ever done. I put the wheels on my K5 for a couple runs when I got them since I had 2 yrs time in the saddle on it. Handling and exceleration were soooo noticable. I think the weight difference was almost 10 lbs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts