Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Right now i have a 2003 GSXR 600, with low miles, my friend wants to buy it, and i was thinking about getting this... 2005 RC-51 12xxx $9,500... opinions...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I think they look rad, but the sound of a twin just doesn't do it for me............inline 4 all the way

·
3,677 Posts
Brewster said:
So Right now i have a 2003 GSXR 600, with low miles, my friend wants to buy it, and i was thinking about getting this... 2005 RC-51 12xxx $9,500... opinions...

torque is where its at

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I'd pass on the RC.....weren't they olike $11,900 new???? And it looks litk it's got a big dent in the tank??????

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i would stay away from the rc51 anyway. underpowered imo, and too heavy.

for that same price, just get a leftover '07 gsx-r 750 and call it a day!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks a little beat up for the asking price. I've never ridden one, but I do like the sound and having a Harley among my collection, I can say I also appreciate the torque of a twin for street riding. I never really liked the digital dash setup of the RC and have been told that in spite of the motor, the bike sucks on the street. Besides, at that price there are definately other twin options out there like Aprilia and Ducati, and if you want to save a few bucks, don't foget about the Tiller.

·
905 Posts
ha ha ha
A mate and his girlfriend took a 1098 demo for a ride and it died 7 times on my mate and 3 or 4 times on his girlfriend ... and this is suppose to be the new more reliable Ducati!

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Putty said:
I love the RC51....I think he is asking too much though.
Truth... I had some $ into mine as well. Heavy for the tight, technical tracks of the NE, but lotsa fun in the twisties..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anthony said:
and what would tyour reasoning behind this be? not being a dick, just wondering.
if i was gonna spend the money to get a newer/bigger bike id rather get the 1,000. as opposed to the 750, i don't ride stupid, and i've been riding for quite some time.

you make it seem like a bad move? care to elaborate?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts