1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Pipe would you want on your Black 1K
R-77 Stainless/Carbon Full System Single1338.24%
TRC Stainless/Carbon Full System Single823.53%
AKRAPOVIC RACING & EVOLUTION SINGLE OPEN EXHAUST SYSTEM Stainless/Carbon1338.24%

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
R-77 Stainless/Carbon Full System Single http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3596-1289-r-77-stainlesscarbon-full-system-single.aspx

or

TRC Stainless/Carbon Full System Single http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3200-1289-trc-stainlesscarbon-full-system-single.aspx

Or

AKRAPOVIC RACING & EVOLUTION SINGLE OPEN EXHAUST SYSTEM

http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motor-exhaust/?puid=154

^It would also be a carbon fiber silencer

The bike in question is the black 1k

Any thought?

Probably should also mention that I am more of a fan of an unfinished metal look, kind of like the way the old TRI system looked. The bike, If I decide to do it, will also have gold highlights on it in various areas, wheels, chain, levers + rear sets for example, just to give you a visual. I guess they are all nice. I am leaning to the R-77 right now, but honestly, its a toss up. The are all very nice. thanks again:cool

Old TRI system for the 1K

·
Members
5,173 Posts
akra or the trc or r77 depending on price and what you like the looks of. You really can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. Price and what YOU like the looks of is what it comes down to. I like the akra look myself so that is what we went with. BTW if you do want the akra the 2008 pricing came out and now dealers have to pay that to get them so prices will go up when inventory runs out on what dealers have in stock from 2007 pricing. We have about 5 left at this time at 2007 pricing then they go up about 100 dollars

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
motomummy said:
akra or the trc or r77 depending on price and what you like the looks of. You really can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. Price and what YOU like the looks of is what it comes down to. I like the akra look myself so that is what we went with. BTW if you do want the akra the 2008 pricing came out and now dealers have to pay that to get them so prices will go up when inventory runs out on what dealers have in stock from 2007 pricing. We have about 5 left at this time at 2007 pricing then they go up about 100 dollars
The problem is that I like them all:yahoo I will just go with the r-77. I was thinking titanium but I really don't know if the benefits that come from that type of metal out weigh the cost:confused I think they are like a grand more.

·
American Infidel
978 Posts
R-77 hands down...

·
Members
5,173 Posts
it's funny how c lose to the akra the r77 is LOL like a copied design. It happens everywhere in every industry, but still kinda funny

·
Registered
6 Posts
The TRC would be the closest match in color to your bikes scheme. That would be my choice as performance differences will probably not be an issue.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i love the m4 gp, kinda loud, just dont like the missing gap where fairings should go, might have to switch to taylor made or cut down akra with race lower

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
2cAnnons said:
Taylor made gets my vote...

Def. the least intrusive, visually. The latest GP styles are really my taste, I'd rather not see much of any exhaust, the hidden-under is my style..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts