Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure do. Im curious to see how many other people need them as well? i was thinking we could get a group buy on some PP 2ct's or Bridgestone 002-rs's...What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just saw Trackstar ( new site sponser) has a great deal on 002's right now. Probably going to get them.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
I wish I had the money for some bt002s or something to that same effect. I need to get rid of the 2cts
That new vendor TrackStar is sellin the BT's on the cheap..

oops, hahaha, just saw your post there.

·
235 Posts
Kelevra said:
That new vendor TrackStar is sellin the BT's on the cheap..

oops, hahaha, just saw your post there.
i checked out their thread, and that sale only lasts till sunday, so you guys should jump on that right quick.
i would, but im not sure about switching brands again as i loved the regular PP so im thinking the 2ct's will be even better.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Hermans said:
i checked out their thread, and that sale only lasts till sunday, so you guys should jump on that right quick.
i would, but im not sure about switching brands again as i loved the regular PP so im thinking the 2ct's will be even better.
the cts are for sure a major step up from the regular PPs, but depending on what you plan on doing with the bike something else may apply better.

My plans are to do mostly track with a little street mixed in, so I'm not too worried about the mileage I get on the street.

·
235 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
the cts are for sure a major step up from the regular PPs, but depending on what you plan on doing with the bike something else may apply better.

My plans are to do mostly track with a little street mixed in, so I'm not too worried about the mileage I get on the street.
for sure planned usage is a factor as well as mileage. the bridgestones look to be more of a track tire, and im basically a twistie rider and not planning any track days this year, so i think the 2ct's would suit me better. the stones also look like they wouldnt be to good in the wet like the PP's, but that just speculation as ive never ridden on bridgestones.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Hermans said:
for sure planned usage is a factor as well as mileage. the bridgestones look to be more of a track tire, and im basically a twistie rider and not planning any track days this year, so i think the 2ct's would suit me better. the stones also look like they wouldnt be to good in the wet like the PP's, but that just speculation as ive never ridden on bridgestones.
Well then I would say for sure to stick to more of a street oriented tire.
Like the 2CTs you already have in mind, or even the Pirelli Diablo 3s. Both I have heard nothing but good things about form most street riders.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Fukucacheme said:
i thought 2ct's were bad for 1k's. we eat em up too quick i thought it said that right on the mich website?

For the street that statement can't really apply because we wouldn't have many other options. For the track I could agree though... But the 1k's have never been known to be very tire friendly when you are pushing.

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
If you guys want to put together another buy on the 002's I can. I've just got to have this order done and in by Monday morning with my distributor.

We can certainly set up another buy in a couple of weeks or a month if you want me to.

·
20 Posts
well let me know which tires you all plan to buy. when do u plan to do this. and how much is it going to be. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
If you guys want to put together another buy on the 002's I can. I've just got to have this order done and in by Monday morning with my distributor.

We can certainly set up another buy in a couple of weeks or a month if you want me to.
I'm in need of tires so I'm in I've already gone through 2 002RS rears and one front and love these tires

·
1,588 Posts
I thought about getting a set of 2ct's this year but... I bit the bullet and bought a power race rear and prc front yesterday... I have issues.
They are in my truck now.. I love the smell of new tires...

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
flounder said:
I thought about getting a set of 2ct's this year but... I bit the bullet and bought a power race rear and prc front yesterday... I have issues.
They are in my truck now.. I love the smell of new tires...
You'll love them! I'm sure you've heard it before but the power race rear runs a very low psi

·
1,588 Posts
Captain Squid said:
You'll love them! I'm sure you've heard it before but the power race rear runs a very low psi
Yeah I grabbed a Med rear... I still need to figure out the pressures since I will be running it both street and track..

Is that what you run? if so, what pressures are you running sreet/track. Track psi will obviously fluctuate depending on temp of which I will set when Im there but what are you running on the street with them.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
I don't, I run Dunlop 209 gp's at 29F and 31R.............BUT the power race rear operates good at about 22-24 COLD and experiment from there. The C profile on the fronts work very very well! That's what I love about the 209's they are very pointy!!!!!

·
1,588 Posts
Captain Squid said:
I don't, I run Dunlop 209 gp's at 29F and 31R.............BUT the power race rear operates good at about 22-24 COLD and experiment from there. The C profile on the fronts work very very well! That's what I love about the 209's they are very pointy!!!!!
What are you running your 209's at on the street?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts