Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have it?

I really don't have too much of a problem with it... but something that I am getting REALLLLLLLLLLLLY annoyed about is that my folders keep moving around.

Everytime I save a picture into my picture folder, I have subfolders within that folder. The pictures just save all over the place, the folders end up everywhere... and I'm getting sick of it!

Anyone know of a way to lock the folders into place or something like that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Anyone have it?

I really don't have too much of a problem with it... but something that I am getting REALLLLLLLLLLLLY annoyed about is that my folders keep moving around.

Everytime I save a picture into my picture folder, I have subfolders within that folder. The pictures just save all over the place, the folders end up everywhere... and I'm getting sick of it!

ill ask my wife. we have vista. get back with u on this. if I dont in a coulpe day PM me. unless someone else help u with the situation. some time I just want to

·
Premium Member
9,935 Posts
Plastic Cup Politics said:
Anyone have it?

I didn't read all of this until now... it sounds like a user error to be truthful....
I have never seen this happen with mine at all.

or maybe a cleaver virus?

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I run AVG on my PC... seems to catch anything and everything.

I save so many pictures

I don't know how it could be a user error... I'm saving the pictures to a folder, they are going all over the place... the destination is a folder obviously... but I don't understand why it puts it in between folders, or before the folders, or stuff like that

·
1,691 Posts
Mine don't do that either and I run Vista.

Did you make sure that whatever is downloading the pictures has the destination set to where you want them to go?

·
3,306 Posts
i'm pretty sure he knows how to save a picture

i'm not a computer nerd...but i know pictures aren't supposed to jump around on their own. I've heard a lot of bad things about Vista and I've heard good things. This is obviously one of the bad.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grandevil said:
Mine don't do that either and I run Vista.

Did you make sure that whatever is downloading the pictures has the destination set to where you want them to go?
Yeah.. I understand how destinations work and whatnot, The issue isn't what folder the picture is in, it's just where the picture ends up after being saved..

The orginal layout of the folder will be like:

Folder

Subfolder, subfolder, subfolder, subfolder...

Then when I start to save stuff... most of the time it's like

subfolder picture picture picture picture subfolder subfolder picture or something like that... Obviously the more pictures I save, the more scattered it becomes..

I've looked into organation options as far as alphabetical, ascending decsening etc...

I just don't know how to keep the folders where they are, and have any new items saved, go after the folders.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I MIGHT have it figured out, but although it may have remedied that issue, it is creating another pain in the ass making it alot more difficutl to move things around.

Within the folder, I right clicked, went to "view" turned off "auto-arrange" but now it's alot harder to move things around because once you move something, it doesn't automatically fill in the gap by bringing the other items closer together.

sigh.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems like when I go to "OPEN" a file, the files are all over the place... but if I just open up my picture folder they seem to stay put if I organize them.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well the problem is... when I'm looking for something the stuff is all over the place, it won't stay that way for good. Just since I organized it. But once I start adding new items... it will be all over the place again

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
PCP - Each one of the windows you posted up is a 'different' view of that folder. You cant do an arrange in one view and have it carry over to the next, XP is the same way. You need to hit the arrange icons by "type, name, modified,.....etc" in each one of those views . Once you have them each arranged it should stay. Also, keep the Autoarrange on and just stick with one of the default sort orders.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I have Vista on Desktop & Laptop, and never experienced the problems you are having.

I pretty sure the problem is between the keyboard and chair.

Soon as you get that fixed the better for us all

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
KWComp said:
PCP - Each one of the windows you posted up is a 'different' view of that folder. You cant do an arrange in one view and have it carry over to the next, XP is the same way. You need to hit the arrange icons by "type, name, modified,.....etc" in each one of those views . Once you have them each arranged it should stay. Also, keep the Autoarrange on and just stick with one of the default sort orders.
Rename your pics so they are in some sort of order either in alphabetical or numeral.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have Vista in a few places and never have the issue you are talking. I save pics and they go where I put them and are always there when I go to look at them. Looks like you have a sort issue. Right click and arrange by. Select 'type'. That should place all alike items together.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts