Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
spend 10k on your gixxer and it will whoop that overpriced show pony and still save yourself 10k........

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BLK K8 said:
spend 10k on your gixxer and it will whoop that overpriced show pony and still save yourself 10k........
Actually for us here, a Gix1000 costs 10K, add 10K to that=20K, so the savings would be 20K, but it still wouldn't be a WSBK Duc, hehe.

·
BLK CBR
925 Posts
Kelevra said:
Actually for us here, a Gix1000 costs 10K, add 10K to that=20K, so the savings would be 20K, but it still wouldn't be a WSBK Duc, hehe.
i'd still rather have my k8 for the road and buy another k8 for the track and save 10k, i rode my mates 999r and wasnt impressed, definately not 40k(oz) better than my blade at the time if better at all. i know the 1098r spose to be a heaps better bike but still rather save my cash.......

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BLK K8 said:
i'd still rather have my k8 for the road and buy another k8 for the track and save 10k, i rode my mates 999r and wasnt impressed, definately not 40k(oz) better than my blade at the time if better at all. i know the 1098r spose to be a heaps better bike but still rather save my cash.......
Oh, I agree! I sure as shit don't have 40K for a bike!

·
1,055 Posts
ok lets do a breakdown

2008 ducati 1098r 40 to 50 grand (after tax, title, etc.)

2008 suzuki gsx-r 1000 11000 us$ after tax

+7000$ kws motor build 1070 kit now 205 hp and about 92 tq
+1500$ brembo calibers
+800$ brembo master cylinders rcs
+1700$ forged aluminum rims
+3 to 4k ohlins suspension
makes 26000 us $

still a bunch cheaper im sure i forgot some stuff but im sure everybody gets the concept that its easyly done to build an equal or better bike for the same price maybe cheaper

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
meenbeemer said:
ok lets do a breakdown
Of course you're totally correct, but...
Ducati is coming out with a WSBK spec bike, who does this? No one does.. That's really the only cool part, as far as I'm concerned!

·
1,560 Posts
Kelevra said:
Ducati is coming out with a WSBK spec bike, who does this? No one does.. That's really the only cool part, as far as I'm concerned!
i wish more manufacturers did that!

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
I wish Suzuki would get on board and build a bike like that. I loved the R1 LE and it would be nice if Suzuki did something similar to that. It would certainly save people money from buying each individual aftermarket part separately. I like that Ducati is making the R and I saw it in person yesterday. It sure is sweet, there is no doubt about that. I would just have no reason to have a bike like that. That is a bike I would just want to keep in my garage to keep people from drolling and breathing all over it. I can't even imagine what it would cost to maintain it if one actually decides to put miles on it.

Come on Suzuki, I know you can do it...........................................................................

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me about that R1, as I know little, was that just suspension upgrades or did they soup the engine? I'm guessing just the Susp, correct? Not that it's not really, really nice!

·
Site Sponsor
1,445 Posts
meenbeemer said:
ok lets do a breakdown

2008 suzuki gsx-r 1000 11000 us$ after tax

+7000$ kws motor build 1070 kit now 205 hp and about 92 tq
+1500$ brembo calibers
+800$ brembo master cylinders rcs
+1700$ forged aluminum rims
+3 to 4k ohlins suspension
makes 26000 us $

still a bunch cheaper im sure i forgot some stuff but im sure everybody gets the concept that its easyly done to build an equal or better bike for the same price maybe cheaper
Sooooooo

Why cant the Zuks beat the Ducs in WSBK?

·
1,055 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
Sooooooo

it ALWAYS comes down to who rides the bike you know that

Kelevra said:
i didnt know that WAS the reason why they built it ifigured its just ducati making even more
of their 1098 base

·
16 Posts
TrackStar1 said:
Sooooooo

Nieto DID....

As for people that say it ain't worth the cash, you guys don't have to worry...you won't be buying one anyway. People that are willing to pay the cash know WHY they're spending that much. 26K would put together a sweet suzuki, but 45K will get you rarity. You basically pay for development and production costs of a limited run motorcycle. However....it's my humble opinion that the R1 LE and even the 1098R are NOT as rare as they'd like to be. Under sheep's clothing, they're still basic R1 and 1098 frames, geometry, and styling, with lots of expensive bolt-on bits. Truly rare bikes are the RC-30, R7, and Desmo RR...bikes that do not share common parts with any other model on the line.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts