Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 7, 2008

Round 1 - AMA Superstock Series. Daytona Beach, FL. Daytona International Speedway. March 6 - 8, 2008

Michael Jordan Motorsports Suzuki's Aaron Yates secured a sound victory in the season-opening round of AMA Superstock at Daytona International Raceway in Daytona Beach, Florida, on Thursday afternoon. M4 EMGO Suzuki's Blake Young picked up his first-ever AMA podium by following Yates home in second place, while Yates' Jordan Suzuki teammate Geoff May completed the podium with a third-place finish.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 machines filled the top twelve finishing positions, proving the total Suzuki dominance on the track in the Superstock class.

With Yates starting the race from pole position, all three riders got off the line together with Young in the lead. The trio of Suzuki GSX-R1000 riders battled for the lead amongst themselves for all 13 laps of the race. At one point, each rider took a turn leading the event, though it was Yates who brought home the win in the end.

Aaron Yates:
"It was really good to get the first race of the season over with. I knew it would be a big challenge because the M4 EMGO bikes are always strong at Daytona. From the beginning, I knew it was going to be tough and Blake was really strong at the start of the race. Going into the race, I was really thinking about it, and trying to come up with some sort of strategy. But I can't really do that, I just have to see how the start of the race is and go from there. So that's what we did and that worked for us. I'd like to say thanks to Suzuki for giving us the GSX-R1000 and thanks to Dunlop for the awesome tyres that helped keep us out front."

Blake Young:
"It feels great to get my first AMA MA podium. I'm glad to get it out of the way and I'm looking forward to getting a whole lot more of them through the season. I can't thank the M4 EMGO Suzuki guys enough because my team built me an awesome motorcycle to race in the Suzuki GSX-R1000. It works great in the double-draft here at Daytona. This weekend, we've gone back and forth with a lot of tyres and suspension, but those guys have been working hard and gave me a bike that I felt comfortable pushing hard."

Geoff May:
"Aaron was definitely keeping me honest in the race, and I knew he would be tough to beat here at Daytona. I have to admit that we've had a rough two days. Right from the get-go, we were struggling but my guys worked really hard so I've got to give them credit for this because they gave me a bike that I could put on the box. I'm just happy to get the Jordan Suzuki GSX-R1000 up on the podium, it's great to be up there."

AMA Superstock To Top 10 Finishers:
1. Aaron Yates, Jordan Suzuki
2. Blake Young, M4 EMGO Suzuki
3. Geoff May, Jordan Suzuki
4. Chris Ulrich, Roadracingworld.com Suzuki
5. Chris Peris, Suzuki
6. Mi Michael Barnes, Suzuki
7. Hawk Mazzotta Suzuki
8. Robertino Pietri, Roadracingworld.com Suzuki
9. Jeff Wood, Suzuki
10. Scott Jensen, Suzuki

AMA Superstock Points Standings:
1. Aaron Yates, Jordan Suzuki
2. Blake Young, M4 EMGO Suzuki
3. Geoff May, Jordan Suzuki
4. Chris Ulrich, Roadracingworld.com Suzuki
5. Chris Peris, Suzuki
6. Mi Michael Barnes, Suzuki
7. Hawk Mazzotta Suzuki
8. Robertino Pietri, Roadracingworld.com Suzuki
9. Jeff Wood, Suzuki
10. Scott Jensen, Suzuki

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah superstock is dominated by Suzukis, so it wasn't that hard of a feat to accomplish for them, but still cool none the less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts