Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FINALLY have (temporary) health insurance (at least they took my money so I think that means I have health insurance). Hopefully by the time it's up I'll either have a real job or less debt so I can afford something more long term. The price was significantly better than other places though.

Of course it doesn't cover a million pages of stuff, like motorcycle racing...not that I'll be doing any "racing" ever though.
:biggrin

I got it through the honor society that I am an esteemed member of.

·
Members
5,173 Posts
That's awesome. Medical insurance is insane and getting more and more insane by the year. Hopefully the .gov will step in and cap rates or something. Something needs to change or in a few years we'll have a real mess on our hands.

Again congrats...

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
I think Canada has the right idea of health coverage, this place doesn't have the right idea about much of anything that has to do with helping the people.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Gongrats Mel, that is good thing you got there.

I think Canada has the right idea of health coverage
People abuse this system to no end, and even though you have basic coverage, we still pay extra that get things like dental and eye exams.

If lucky you can get a job where the company pays for the extra medicals, like in my case, but not everyone is that fortunate.

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need a government job. I'm sure there's SOMETHING the government can use me for with a psychology degree

·
Registered
151 Posts
free healthcare. travle. and among other things. I a combat vet 40 % sevice conected so I have free healthcare for life. But i also was injured in the sandbox. good luck with geting better health care.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
No need to preach to the choir. I'm in the Corp and I completely understand. At the same time I know of a multitude of companies (mostly in the defense industry) where I could get the same if not better healthcare. The only grip I have about military health care is when you get sick for small stuff & they give you motrin and tell you to drink water.

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Truth be told I've toyed with the idea of joining the military. But I would want to do something related to my field...maybe I could help them with psychological warfare or something

·
7,611 Posts
Grandevil said:
Truth be told I've toyed with the idea of joining the military. But I would want to do something related to my field...maybe I could help them with psychological warfare or something
you would have to go into the medical field and persue it that way. there are psycologists in the military, but for the most part its all civilian run now.:kiss

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Grandevil said:
Thousands of Vets coming back Mel, there will be plenty of work for you, I'm sure... War is Hell.
My brother just left Afghanistan the other day, he'll be back in CO early April after outprocessing/debriefing. He was in Psychological Operations attached to an Army SF unit.. Hooaahhh! Thank you for all that serve!!!
He can't wait to get a new bike!

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my official cards in the mail today! WEE! So it's official, I have insurance. Now hopefully I won't have to ever use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts