Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the psychology department there are several people from outside the US, one guy is Indian but from South Africa.

We all went out last night (the graduate students) and I come to find out I have more in common with this guy than any of the Americans in my department.

We talked MotoGP and motorcycles for a long time. He has a zx10 back home, I never would have guessed! Here was this guy I never had any connection with and now it's like we have more in common than anyone else.

That's just one more reason to love motorcycling, it transcends culture, country of origin, background, age etc.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
Very nice to hear... Always facinating how easy it is to talk about things you actually enjoy doing. I bring up riding at least several times a day in school, it's always fun to see whose interested in it, preferible slender women of course, hehe.

·
235 Posts
i was in the math lab at school and noticed one of the teachers there had a isle of mann wallpaper on his PC. he seemed a bit surprised when i said something to him about it. we wound up shooting the shit for about 45 minutes about how there should be more race coverage here in the states etc. its interesting to see people who you would think have no business being on a bike turn out to be riders themselves and damn good ones too.

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Hermans said:
i was in the math lab at school and noticed one of the teachers there had a isle of mann wallpaper on his PC. he seemed a bit surprised when i said something to him about it. we wound up shooting the shit for about 45 minutes about how there should be more race coverage here in the states etc. its interesting to see people who you would think have no business being on a bike turn out to be riders themselves and damn good ones too.
Yeah... I had a weird encounter myself. I live in an apartment complex. And we had a few maintenance men come over to update some things in the apartment. They came into my bedroom to replace a shower rod in the bathroom, the older of the two guys saw my leathers hanging up, my helmet, some diecast models and some posters. Then he just started shooting the shit with me about AMA and GP, I would have had NO idea he was into it. It was cool seeing someone like him that doesn't ride have an interest in what we are all about. Rather refreshing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i was car shopping for a wrx a little while ago. the salesman i was talking to only had one hand and a hook for the other one. hes been like that since he was a kid. turns out that he rides a ducati!! i was pretty surprised. obviously he rigs his bike to ride with only one real hand. i thought it was cool that heres this guy thats handicapped but finds a way to overcome it to do something pretty fucking extreme!!

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
tsailo82 said:
i was car shopping for a wrx a little while ago. the salesman i was talking to only had one hand and a hook for the other one. hes been like that since he was a kid. turns out that he rides a ducati!! i was pretty surprised. obviously he rigs his bike to ride with only one real hand. i thought it was cool that heres this guy thats handicapped but finds a way to overcome it to do something pretty fucking extreme!!
that's awesome... I can only hope that if something bad happens to me like that, that I figure out a way to make it work so that I can ride. I don't know what I would do without the ability to ride... it's one of the VERY few things that keeps me sane anymore.

·
And, Here, We, Go...
8,017 Posts
tsailo82 said:
No doubt Wonton, that's great to see!
Wrx's eh? My next ride in a few years..

·
635 Posts
This is so true. You never know whos going to love motrcycles or who rides. Personally I'm one of them. Everyone is always shocked to find out that I ride. Makes it even more shocking to them when they find out im a nerdy math teacher that rides, lol

·
1,560 Posts
jofro6 said:
This is so true. You never know whos going to love motrcycles or who rides. Personally I'm one of them. Everyone is always shocked to find out that I ride. Makes it even more shocking to them when they find out im a nerdy math teacher that rides, lol

·
635 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts