Suzuki Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you I know have seen this before, but if you haven't... you should check it out. It makes you think.

I'm not saying the video is right OR wrong, and I don't want anyone to get into an arguement about it. But if we can have a peaceful sharing of opinions, that would be sweet. If not, I'll remove the thread. :biggrin

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

The movie is about 2 hours long... so have fun.

·
Level 7 awesome
34,135 Posts
Verapakill said:
anyone wana give cliff notes?
It's about online forums.......some guy came into a thread where a movie was posted asking for cliff notes and then he got banned...........pretty much sums it up

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Captain Squid said:
It's about online forums.......some guy came into a thread where a movie was posted asking for cliff notes and then he got banned...........pretty much sums it up

no but Scott, you should watch it.

·
Site Supporter
1,903 Posts
Captain Squid said:
:shockoh noes!!!

damn that sounds like a pretty shitty movie
Plastic Cup Politics said:

no but Scott, you should watch it.
How about this what is it about? just the topic?

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Verapakill said:
:shockoh noes!!!

damn that sounds like a pretty shitty movie

How about this what is it about? just the topic?
religion, government, war, conspiracy... you know... the usual hot topics.

·
Site Supporter
1,903 Posts
religion, government, war, conspiracy... you know... the usual hot topics.
ok cool ill watch it when i get out of school so i can hear it

·
Registered
359 Posts
wow...

Awwh man, does this mean that James will randomly dissappear a a few days?
Damnit, I really liked him, he was a cool guy.

But we shouldn't be depressed guys, James would want us to be happy; we should celebrate his life... and of course... drink... alot. Cheers, mate. We'll miss you

Edit: DIBBS ON HIS BIKE.... HAHA I WIN BITCHES!! :biggrin

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dirtmoto228 said:
wow...

Awwh man, does this mean that James will randomly dissappear a a few days?
Damnit, I really liked him, he was a cool guy.

But we shouldn't be depressed guys, James would want us to be happy; we should celebrate his life... and of course... drink... alot. Cheers, mate. We'll miss you

Edit: DIBBS ON HIS BIKE.... HAHA I WIN BITCHES!! :biggrin
why do you say that? I didn't create the movie, I'm just passing it along. The people who made it tour the world and have public showings. I'll be ok, and no you can't have my bike.

·
211 Posts
take that movie with a grain salt alot of the information is B/S i did a little more research on it when i 1st seen it a couple months ago and not all the info is straight.. such as the no payin tax's deal is just plain B/S. as for the religion end of it that would def make you think entirely different about how the story may have came to be.. but definitely worth watching

·
Brahptimus Prime
23,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually the federal taxes info is true...from what I hear. You can stop paying federal taxes, not state. I've heard of this from people way before that movie was released.

If you read further on the website, he says he wants you to make your own decision about it, not for you to automatically assume it is all true. He provides resources to research it etc. He says that alot of the info obviously isn't common knowledge, so you will need to dig deep.

But I found it interesting either way.

·
Registered
359 Posts
why do you say that? I didn't create the movie, I'm just passing it along. The people who made it tour the world and have public showings. I'll be ok, and no you can't have my bike.
Because you were passing it along... lol I was going along with the whole "the government is out to get you" conpiracy.

02GSXXR said:
take that movie with a grain salt alot of the information is B/S i did a little more research on it when i 1st seen it a couple months ago and not all the info is straight.. such as the no payin tax's deal is just plain B/S. as for the religion end of it that would def make you think entirely different about how the story may have came to be.. but definitely worth watching
Like James said, the Federal Tax thing is true... but I've heard that some people had to take it all the way to the Supreme Court when the IRS gave them shit... so its true that you can get out of paying that tax, but it could very possibly cost you a nice chunk of time and money to do so, so it almost isn't even worth it, except for in principle.

I wasn't too shocked about the part about religion, I've known for a while that all religions are very similar, but I've never seen it as a way to completely dominate people; religion gaves us a set of universally accepted principles (for the most part), even if you don't readily believe or practice a particular religion.

But what I don't really get is how religion is tied in to this government conspiracy thing... except for it being a "lie", I think he mentioned something about religion being part of it at the end. And I think he reads into some of that stuff a little too much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts